Tuesday, April 24th + May 1st, 6-9pm
Learn how to draft and sew a skirt custom fit to your body! In the first class, you will learn how to take your own body measurements and draft a skirt on paper. Techniques such as constructing darts, pockets and seam allowances will be taught hands on, leaving each student with a custom made pattern. In the second session, the pattern will be used to make a muslin prototype and students will learn how to alter their basic pattern into different models.
While prior garment experience is not required to take this class, you must be comfortable threading and operating a sewing machine. Don't know how to use a sewing machine? Take our Sewing Machine Basics class!
- Basic drafting supplies (included in the cost of class) - paper, pencil and eraser, tape, hip curve ruler
- fabric + thread for your garment (this will be discussed in class)
Class fee includes:
- 6 hours of instruction
- Use of our cutting, marking and measuring tools
- Use of our Janome sewing machines
- Water & snacks
- 15% of your materials purchases on class day
Click here to see our Craft South class policies.