Tuesday, June 19th, 6-9pm
Spend three hours with our talented friend and wonderful teacher, Lauren Taylor, and leave with a beautiful new skirt! The Simple Start Bassline skirt is a great introduction to garment sewing, because the fit is flattering yet relaxed and the pattern is suitable for many fabric types. In this class you will learn how to choose your pattern size, accurately cut your fabric, and sew together a skirt with a fixed waistband in front & elastic in the back.
While prior garment experience is not required to take this class, you must be comfortable threading and operating a sewing machine. Don't know how to use a sewing machine? Take our Sewing Machine Basics class!
- Simple Start Bassline Skirt pattern (sizes XXS - XXL)
- 3 hours of instruction
- Use of our cutting, marking, and measuring tools
- Use of our Janome sewing machines
- Water & Snacks
- 15% off all your materials on class day
Please bring the following materials (come to class a little early so we can help you pick them out!):
- 1 3/4 yards 44" wide woven fabric
- 1/4 yard tricot fusible interfacing
- 5/8 yard of 3/4" wide elastic
Click here to see our Craft South class policies.