Tuesday, August 8th + 22nd, 6-9pm
New to sewing and ready to jump into your first garment? Join instructor Lauren Taylor for a fun 2 part class and make yourself the cutest little wrap skirt! We love the Miette skirt from Tilly and the Buttons - it's a simple wrap skirt that crosses over in the back (Lauren can personally vouch that it is anti-flash, even on the windiest day), with optional front-lined pockets and a fun bow closure. The Miette skirt is easy to sew, easy to fit, and best of all - NO ZIPPERS!!!!
Students will learn how to read and follow a pattern, including choosing a size, cutting and assembling. Lauren will provide tips for accurate cutting, beautiful topstitching, and easy seam finishes. If you can thread and operate a sewing machine, you can tackle this class!
- 6 hours of instruction
- Use of our cutting, marking, and measuring tools
- Use of our Janome sewing machines
- Water & Snacks
- 15% off all your materials on your class day
Please bring the following materials (available in our shop!):
- Miette sewing pattern from Tilly and the Buttons
- 3 yards 44" wide fabrics OR 3 1/4 yards 60" wide fabric
- 1/2 yard fusible interfacing
- Matching thread
- Optional: contrasting thread for topstitching
Click here to see our Craft South class policies.