Tuesday, October 3rd, 6-9pm
Ready to tackle the brave new world of sewing knits? Join instructor Lauren Taylor for this 3 hour class and learn all the secrets behind making your own tshirts! We love the Agnes jersey top from Tilly and the Buttons - the simple, fitted shape is perfect for showing off your fave knit pattern! We will be making view C - with the plain neckline and sleeves - in this class, but you will learn everything you need to know to make the other views at home!
Students will learn how to read and follow a pattern, including choosing a size, cutting and assembling. Lauren will provide tips for accurate cutting, sewing knits on a standard sewing machines, and special finishes for knits. If you can thread and operate a sewing machine, you can tackle this class!
- 3 hours of instruction
- 1/4" elastic + ballpoint sewing machine needles
- Use of our cutting, marking, and measuring tools
- Use of our Janome sewing machines
- Water & Snacks
- 15% off all your materials on your class day
Please bring the following materials (available in our shop!):
- Agnes sewing pattern from Tilly and the Buttons
- 1 5/8 yards 58" wide knit fabrics OR 1 5/8 - 2 1/4 yards 45" wide knit fabric, depending on your size
- Matching thread
- Optional: contrasting thread for topstitching
Click here to see our Craft South class policies.