Sunday, October 29th, 2:00-5:00pm
We are combining the art of weaving with our love of fabrics and offering a new class to expand your weaving skills! Rug Twine Weaving takes colors and textures to a whole new level by using a traditional loom - but with FABRICS (!!!) - to create functional, utilitarian pieces of art such as place mats, table runners, rugs, and more! This type of weaving is a great introduction for the beginner or a wonderful way to expand on your current skills - and it's a fabulous way to use up fabric scraps from previous projects! Come relax and work with your hands while learning this centuries-old heritage craft with local fiber artist, Dana Stein. After completing this project, you will have a unique, one-of-a-kind place mat to use and enjoy!
Techniques you will be learning:
- How to lace a peg loom using yarn as your warp
- How to Twine fabrics together to form weft
- How to match colors and textures together
- How to bind off and finish your piece
- 3 hours of instruction
- Water & Snacks
- 15% off store purchases on class day
- Peg Loom
- 1 yard light colored fabric
- 1 yard dark colored fabric
- Yarn (25', any color)
Click here to see our Craft South class policies.