Thursday, May 12th, 6-9pm
Summer is just around the corner, and our Breezy Caftan class will give you a charming staple for days at the pool, at the beach (or at the grocery!). The fit is relaxed and flowy, and the sewing is ideal for a beginner! There are also fun customizing options using prints, solids or a mix of both. In one class you will learn finished seams using an edge stitching foot, creating a casing for drawstrings and finishing side slits.
Class fee includes:
- 3 hours of instruction
- Use of our cutting, marking and measuring tools
- Use of our Janome sewing machines
- Water & snacks
- 15% of your materials purchases on class day (come in a little early and let us help you pick out your discounted materials)
Lightweight voile, lawn, rayon, yarn dyes or simple cottons will all do fine!
- 2 yards main fabric (+ if longer desired length)
- 1/4 yard contrast for casing
- 1.5 yards 1" wide of ribbon, twill or similar for drawstring (or 1" wide elastic instead of drawstring if desired)