Tuesday, April 18th 6-9pm
Summer is just around the corner, which means it is time to brush up your garment sewing skills and bare those shoulders! Our Garment Basics series continues with this simple but sweet tank top suitable for layering over a lacy layer or under a cosy sweater. The fit is relaxed and flowy, and the sewing is ideal for a beginner! In one class you will learn French seams, using knit strip facings and the perfect 1/4" rolled hem.
Class fee includes:
- 3 hours of instruction
- Use of our cutting, marking and measuring tools
- Use of our Janome sewing machines
- Water & snacks
- Pre-cut strips of knit fabric for bindingg
- 15% of your materials purchases on class day (come in a little early and let us help you pick out your discounted materials)
Lightweight voile, lawn, rayon, or simple cottons will all do fine!
- 1 3/4 yards fabric for Sizes XS-M
- 2 yards fabric for Sizes L-XL (or lengthened smaller sizes)
- Matching thread